Sunday, September 30, 2012

Simultaneous Projects

New quilt coming up:
Right after I finished that last baby quilt I started on a new one! I was convinced it would be completed within a week of starting, but that didn't happen. I have the binding sewn on and will take the rest of this week to watch Downton Abbey and stitch it to the back.

Planning 
Setting up


Dressmaking:
Passport Dress by Lisette
Tomorrow and Tuesday I have off and I'm going to sew a dress. My mom and I read through the instructions together. She measured me and we traced the necessary lines. I am very fearful of tackling this project. It's been more than a month since I bought the fabric and pattern. There have been excuses like, "I should clean," "I should take Zip for a walk." "What if it's a total waste of time?" If I allow myself two days to devote to this project, I think I can handle the pains of taking my time, learning new sewing skills and maybe failing.

Continental Dress by Lisette

I have wanted to sew a dress for a really long time. These gorgeous dress patterns by Lisette are inspiring me to figure it out.










Small Travel bag:
At the quilt expo a couple weekends ago in Portland I bought this adorable fabric with animal schoolchildren. (Sorry no photo yet.) Phrases are written down: "Going to school by bus. School is fun every day." And "There are a lot of friends." I am still new at sewing so this will be yet another learning project and I'll make sure to share how it goes.  I's using Heather Ross' Weekend-Away Travel Bag pattern from her book Weekend Sewing.
from her book


No comments:

Post a Comment