Friday, March 28, 2014

Hot damn!

A new record! Quilt blocks finished in one week!

I recently surprised myself with the speed of block making. And of course it comes right after writing that it takes me so long to make a quilt.

Over Friday night and all day Saturday I studied various quilt blocks and drew them out in my notebook. Then I colored the blocks in according to the color schemes that I liked best.

On Monday I started cutting into the fabric and created 12 "Sets" for the different quilt blocks.
Between the mornings and evenings around work, I finished all of the blocks that I wanted.  (This might not be much of an accomplishment to anyone but me because I work so sporadically.)

Today, the following Monday I am going to add sashing to the blocks. And hopefully before long, I will have the quilt top all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment