Sunday, July 20, 2014

Love Postcards

Used to be K's truck, now it's Zack's

Our friends, K and B, just got married yesterday. I've been working on their quilt off and on since January. Over the Christmas holiday I sat at the dining table with my mom and Grammy and spread out all of my quilter's magazines and books. "Okay, I have friends getting married in July. I need to find THE pattern!"  My mom found the winner in the first magazine she looked through-- the Jan/Feb 2013 Quilty.  It was perfect! I had a goal with seven months ahead of me, so I could choose to work on it as I got pockets of time.

I call their quilt Love Postcards.  Granted, there's nothing postcard-y about the quilt pattern, but the hearts, the small size of the blocks, the fact that one of the fabrics has words on it, all reminded me of postcards. Plus, K and B lived apart during their college years (and then some) and so I choose to force upon them the notion that maybe they sent some love letters to each other via snail mail.

I added borders that the original quilt pattern did not call for and really love the result. It ended up measuring around 62 X 70 inches.  I quilted it at home with simple straight lines. I finished the binding the day before the wedding. Phew!

Packaging
Zack cleaned up an apple crate for me and glued a small wood tag to the box so I could label it with my Alberta Marie logo. I forgot to take a picture of it at home, but we grabbed one from the gift table.  It's not the most appealing packaging but definitely the most unique.

Quilt front

The quilt back

Back closeup, two fabrics for top and bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment