Thursday, December 27, 2012

On the Clothesline

In a rush, and due to never-ending rain, I was forced to take pictures inside. Not only that, I really had to get creative with how I positioned the quilts. My apologies for poor photography.

These two quilts were commissioned for two boys as Christmas gifts from their aunt. The requirements were very general.  I was instructed to simply make them "bigger than the baby sized ones." : ) I hope the boys are happy and enjoy these snuggly goodies. May they last a very long time!

Wannabe Pendleton Front
 Pendleton Woolen Mills create gorgeous Native American inspired items: blankets, rugs, handbags. My quilt uses  a traditional American quilt pattern, but the colors hopefully reflect more of that Pendleton look. I even used all flannel to recreate the soft woolen texture.
Pendleton Back

The Young Professional










  The Young Professional quilt is a series of ten zigzags using fabrics that represent a sophisticated wardrobe and typical commuting life. There is a city scene and a print of cars for one's commute. Then the rest of the fabrics act as solids to show off like they are either classy handkerchief or tie prints.
The back has a very fun flannel accent of mustaches. Bordered by fine, black and white zigzags and a small strip of white at the bottom. (I had considered appliqueing a mustache there....)
Young Professional Back      
Ready to deliver!





Here are the quilts bundled up and tagged, ready to be dropped off in time for Christmas!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment