Friday, February 8, 2013

On the Clothesline- Deer in Woods


Deer in the Woods 1

For Kathy

Front

Back

Detail of back


Nine Patch Block

This small lap quilt is for friend of the family, Kathy.  She worked very hard during my dad’s memorial service in Whittier. From the church kitchen I’m not even sure if she could hear all of the service. I’m very thankful for her work.  She took care of all the details-- which really eased our minds.
 
Her husband, Dave, said some very nice things too and some very funny inside jokes at the service.  It felt nice to smile and laugh at memories of my dad. Thanks, Dave!

- - -
 A note on the scraps of fabric used in the nine patch blocks: I have fabric from my own apron, my sister's apron (reversible), and fabric from my boss's daughter's dress.

Also, I bought a lot of that deer fabric, so look forward to Deer in the Woods #s 2, 3 & 4!

2 comments: